- ammon, C.L. (2007) – America’s Other Party: A Brief History of the Prohibition Party: privately printed, 205pp.
- Browne, W.E. (1888) – The Presidential Candidates: Sketches and Portraits of the Nominees of All Parties: Presidential Season of 1888: Providence, Reid
- Cherrington, E.H. (Ed.) (1925) – Standard Encyclopedia of the Alcohol Problem: Westerville (Ohio), American Issue
- Colvin, D.L. (1925) – Prohibition in the United States: NYC, Doran
- ----- (1926) -- Prohibition in The United States: A History of the Party and of the Prohibition Movement: NYC, Doran, pp.
- Day, Glenn (1988) – Minor Presidential Candidates and Parties of 1988: Jefferson (NC), McFarland, pp.
Havel, J.T. (1996) – U.S. Presidential Candidates and the Elections: NYC, Simon & Shuster, 437pp
Havel includes an exhaustive bibliography, only excerpted herein
- Hesseltine, W. B. (1948) – The Rise and Fall of Third Parties: Princeton, Van Nostrand, pp.
- ----- (1962) – Third-Party Movements in the United States: Princeton, Van Nostrand, pp.
- Gillespie, J. David (1993) – Politics at the Periphery: Columbia, Univ. South Carolina Press,
- ----- (2012) – Challengers to Duopoly: Columbia, Univ. South Carolina Press, 290pp.
- Kruschke, E. R, (1991) – Encyclopedia of Third Parties in the United States: Santa Barbara (CA), ABC-CLIO, pp.
- Mazmanian, D. A. (1974) – Third Parties in Presidential Elections: Washington, Brookings Institution, pp.
- Murphy, P.I. (Ed.) (1974) – Political Parties in American History: NYC, Putnam, 4vo.
- Nash, Howard, Jr. (1959) – Third Parties in American Politics: Washington, Public Affairs, pp.
- Rockwood, D. S., et al. (1985) – American Third Parties Since the Civil War: NYC, Garland, pp.
- Rosenstone, S. J.; R. L. Behr; and E. H. Lazarus (1984) – Third Parties in America: Princeton, University Press, pp.
- Schapsmeier, E. L. and F.H. Schapsmeier (1981) – Political Parties and Civic Action Groups: Westport (CN), Greenwood, pp.
- Schlesinger, A. M., Jr. (Ed.) (1973) – History of U.S. Political Parties: NYC, McGraw-Hill, 4vo.
- Smallwood, Frank (1983) – The Other Candidates: Hanover (NH), University Press of New England, pp.
- Storms, R. C. (1972) – Partisan Prophets: Denver, National Prohibition Foundation, 71 pp.
- Timberlake, J.H. (1963) – Prohibition and the Progressive Movement, 1900 – 1920: Cambridge, Harvard Univ.Press
- Thayer, George (1967) – The Farther Shores of Politics: NYC, Simon & Schuster, pp.
- Van Norman, L.E. (1895) – An Album of Representative Prohibitionists: NYC, Funk & Wagnalls
- Wheeler, E.J. (1889) – Prohibition: The Principle, The Policy, and the Party….: NYC, Anderson
- Wilson, A.E. (1900) – Prohibition Hand-book and Voter’s Manual, 1900: Chicago, privately printed
- Yarrington, J.T. (1873) – The Temperance-Political Question: Shall We Sustain the National Prohibition Party?: Carbondale (Penna.), privately printed (4th edition)